Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easter Weekend

It was a sunny spring day on Friday and Caleb and I spent most of it hanging out indoors. Boo. We were both getting over colds and we had a busy Easter weekend ahead of us so I wanted to try to let us rest before the madness begins. Rest is a relative term. Here's what my day of rest consisted of... I boiled eggs for our Friday night Easter Egg Dyeing Extravaganza:

Wrapped and sent out Elf's birthday present (her birthday was Monday so it'll still be a little late, but considering I haven't finished making her Christmas present yet, I think this is pretty freaking good):

Made Caleb's Easter basket:

Made some Easter favors (inspired by Betz White):

Filled Easter Eggs: Finished the present for the one-year-old whose birthday party we went to on Saturday (I know, I love 'em!): and did laundry and cleaned the bathroom! (I won't post pictures of those.) And in the midst of all of that, I even squeezed in watching Westside Story with Caleb. He seemed to like it although I lost him at right about "Officer Krupke". Hey, I thought that was pretty good for a three-year-old. He really likes music in general. He has a crazy memory, especially for song lyrics, so he'll bust out with songs that we don't even realize he knows. He has an eclectic range: he sings Justin Bieber's "Baby", Pitbull's "I Know You Want Me", CeeLo's "Forget You", Michael Buble's "Save The Last Dance", FloRida's "Low" and a bunch of other random stuff. We were at a party last week and Caleb started singing, "Oh na na, what's my name?" and one of the other moms laughed and asked me, "Is he singing Rihanna? I love that song!" We just have to be careful about what we listen to in the car now. He started singing to Rihanna's newest song -- the one about whips and chains and S&M -- which is just disturbing.

Anyway, we ended up dyeing eggs Friday night and he loved it. I mean LOVED it. He was so excited that we had to tell him to calm down several times because we were worried he'd knock the cups of dye over.
Saturday and Sunday we saw a lot of friends and family and Caleb got to do a bunch of Easter Egg hunts.

He got a whole mess of Easter gifts but he got most excited of, of course, the cars. They're still his obsession. The Big Wheel was a big hit too although he won't pedal or let us push him -- he just scoots. We took a walk around the block with him on it and it took a lo-o-o-o-ong time. All in all, a good weekend! Hope everyone had a good one too!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment