I think it's always been kind of open like that but, hello, under the circumstances, it freaked me out and I was pretty sure that someone had come into our house and was now hiding in the attic. There was obviously no way in hell that I was going to poke my head up there to check it out so I closed the closet door and closed the door to that room, put a couple chairs in front of the door, and slept with my knife under the pillow. I'm just glad I didn't cut myself in my sleep.
Obviously, there was no one hiding in the attic. If there is, they must be very patient and not need to eat. What I can't decide is if I was stupid for not calling someone to check the house for me or if that would have been overreacting. What do you think I should do next time? Oh, I know -- CLOSE THE GARAGE DOOR.
I kept telling Mark, "You just don't get the creative process. Creativity isn't neat" and other BS like that but, honestly, he was totally right, I needed to organize it. The problem is that I start to do it but then get distracted by a project and then it gets all messed up again.
A few weeks ago I started to clean it up and then saw this tutorial for making your own boxes and I thought, "I totally need to make these for my craft room!" So I busted out my exacto and a crapload of cardboard boxes and happily started cutting them up. Mark came home, looked at all the pieces and strips and crumbs of cardboard that was now strewn about my already messy craft room and asked (calmly, to his credit), "What are you doing?" To which I replied, "Organzing my craft room!" And he just kind of shook his head and made some comment about one step forward, two steps back.
Anyway, I promised him the craft room would be clean by the time he got back so I worked my butt off and...TA-DA!
Doesn't it look great? Look at the boxes! I looooooove the boxes. They came out so pretty and were really easy to make and customize. Now everything has its place! We'll see how long this lasts.
Making the boxes out of cardboard kind of inspired me because cardboard's really durable and I have a lot of it and it's easy to work with. When I was making my boxes Caleb asked me, "Mommy, are you making me a garage?" I told him no but -lightbulb!- I totally could! Remember how I said I get distracted? I started making him a garage...
...until Mark reminded me that I was supposed to be making boxes. So the garage got put on hold for a bit but now that I'm done with the craft room, I'm all over it! I'll post pics when it's done.
My other plan is to make some little cardboard chairs and a cardboard table for Caleb's stuffed animals. He had a "cookie party" for them the other day and they had to sit on our dining room table because they're too little for the chairs.
And I may have to make some little beds too because...
Aww. Too cute.
Okay - two things. HAHAHAHAHAHA you crack me up. Only you can tell the story of coming home to an ajar garage door and make it so damn interesting and funny.
ReplyDeleteSecond - you have a bad ass craft room!!!
xoxo