Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sunny Day (kind of)

I looked out the window this morning and saw this.

So of course, I told Caleb, "Hey, let's go to the park!" and off we went.

What the sunny skies don't show you is that it was WINDY out there. Holy moly. By the time we left I had crazy, bird's nest hair. Caleb had fun and played for a bit but even he got tired of the wind after a while and said, "Let's go home."

It was really cute because he made a friend at the park; this little boy kept following him around and they started chasing each other and playing together which made me inordinately happy. Caleb tends to be a little bit of a loner and just likes to play by himself. He'll play and talk with other kids but rarely seeks them out; he's very content to play by himself. Anyway, he and this kid were playing and then Caleb lost track of the other boy and walked around the playground yelling, "Hey, boy! Where are you, boy? Hey, guy, where are you?" I was cracking up.

We did a little art activity when we got home that I have to share because Caleb lo-o-oved it. It's from Family Fun and it's called Drawing Dough and is basically equal parts flour, water, and salt all mixed together with a little bit of paint. We put the mixture into squeeze bottles and Caleb "drew" with it.
He had a blast and was really concentrating on his drawing.
He kept wanting to make big piles of paint -- just globs upon globs upon globs in one spot so I got a plastic fork and told him to spread it out and make tracks in the paint.
When it dries it's kind of like puffy paint and it's sparkly because of the salt. Half the fun was making it -- Caleb really likes mixing stuff so he was all over using the spoon to mix everything up. Here are our finished creations. I, of course, had to get in on the fun so that's my flower and caterpillar in the corner.

Just a fun, low-key, sunny day.

FYI, the garage I'm making for Caleb is just about finished...but I got carried away so now I'm painting all kind of little shops and windows and ridiculous stuff like that on it. It's so freaking cute. I'll post a pic soon, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment