Saturday, June 4, 2011

Get In My Belly!

It's official. My Lemon Chalet Creams are dunzo. All gone. I've been dreading this moment since the end of Girl Scout cookie season but, luckily, I found something that is going to help me through the many months of Girl-Scout-cookie-less-ness.
WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMON COOKIES.
Mmm. Doesn't that just sound good?
I know that in the picture they don't look that amazing but trust me, they're delicious. I found the recipe a few weeks ago and, knowing that I was getting low on my LCC stash, I pinned it to Pinterest. Last weekend I whipped up a batch for a party and they were every bit as good as I'd hoped they be. The lemon just really gives it some extra umph. I added more lemon than the recipe called for because I really like to taste the lemon -- 2 full Tablespoons of lemon zest and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for good measure. I may even add in just a little bit more next time -- I likes me some lemon!
Here's the recipe:
Cream:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Add 2 eggs.
In a second bowl, combine:
2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh lemon zest (Here's where I used 2 Tablespoons and a twist of juice)
Mix together the wet and dry ingredients and then add 2 cups of white chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
EAT!
I found the recipe here and I love that in her post she says they should be called, "Sweet Rays of Sunshine" because I totally agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment